Keeping MTE Employees and Families Safe
Over the past few weeks, it has become clear that the world is facing an unprecedented challenge. Like you, we are deeply concerned and want to do what we can to help keep our communities and our families safe and healthy.
What we are doing:
- We have put together the supplies, resources and protocols necessary to ensure sound COVID-19 prevention and response across our facilities in Mexico, as well as our sites in Europe, Asia and the USA. We have been able to leverage off the prevention and response plans developed by our China teams and their ‘lessons learned’.
- Mandatory work from home for USA employees except for employees at our San Diego Distribution Center. This includes our Customer Service, Application Support, Engineering, Marketing, and Finance teams. All employees have the tools needed to fully support you remotely.
- For employees at our plants and distribution center we have put in place prevention and response protocols which include:
- Temperature screening before they can enter their sites, and throughout the day.
- Response to sick employees.
- Return to work clearance.
- Site sanitation activities throughout the day.
- Adherence to PPE requirements (e.g., wearing masks).
- Social distancing practices for daily activities, meetings and breaks/meal periods.
- We have put in the place the necessary resources and training to support shipments direct from our Mexico plants. This allows us the flexibility to shift our shipping point in the event our San Diego Distribution Center must reduce hours or personnel or temporarily close.
- We continue to work closely with our suppliers to ensure that there are no service interruptions.
Please note we have put these prevention and response protocols in place to ensure the safety of our employees and their families, and to ensure there are no disruptions in our commitments to you and all our customers.
Remember that our Sales, Customer service, and Application Support teams are available to answer any questions you may have.
Stay safe and healthy.
Z. Zakaria VP Sales & Marketing